Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Help! I Can't Stop Spending Money On Coffee!



Raise your hand if you drink coffee more than you drink water! Well for more me at least, it is an essential to my early morning routine. I remember when I was a freshman I would not dare to spend $3-$5 on a cup of coffee. Starbucks was for rich people and a luxury for those who think they can afford it. Two years and 100 early morning classes later, I cannot imagine myself not having at least one cup of coffee once a day. Even though I can't remember exactly how my coffee addiction started, I know for sure that I got my coffee drinking habit from my mother who used to brew fresh coffee every Sunday morning before church. I'm really starting to accept the fact that coffee is my drug and I have a problem with spending money on coffee. That $3-$5 coffee cup adds up quickly and I am ashamed to admit how much money I  have spent money on coffee per week. I have my own coffee machine but sometimes I can be a little lazy when it comes to buying ground coffee, sugar, and creamer even thought it would be way cheaper than buying a single cup every day.  Why is it that we spend money on things we don't need, especially when we're living on a small income (college student money) and know that our bad spending habits can set us back? Maybe spending money on coffee is not your issue? Maybe you have a shopping addiction or struggle with eating out at fast food restaurants? My goal for this month is to go on a no coffee spending break and add my coffee money to my savings account or something more important than coffee.

Let me know how you stop saving money on coffee or practice self-control when it comes to budgeting? Do you include coffee money on your budget or do you set a weekly limit on how many times you can spend money on coffee? Let me know in the comment section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment